The Medical College occupies a G + 5 storied building. The main Hospital is located in a G + 2 storied building. Work on separate OPD block in a G + 7 storied structure connected by a corridor with the hospital building is going on. Work on additional 600 beds with new OTs is nearing completion. Space is adequate for all teaching activities in all the departments and also for laboratory and imaging facilities.
All the departments are having demonstration rooms to accommodate the enough students for practical purposes.
The Institute is a residential campus in which the faculty members, staff and the students live on campus. There are 2 hostels for undergraduate students (1for boys and 1 for girls) with a capacity to accommodate 350 students in each. There is separate hostel for the Resident Doctors.
Other Facilities in Hostel:
- Messing & Canteen Arrangement
- Dining Hall
- Availability of visitors room, Reading room, TV room and Indoor Game
- Play grounds: Available with volleyball and badminton facilities. Facility for Table Tennis and Carrom Board available at college sport room
- Auditorium: Located in the Hospital Campus, The auditorium which can house 1000 persons.
- The College has unique museums in Departments like Anatomy, Pathology, and Forensic Medicine where medical facts and oddities relating to the human body are on display.
- A collection of several dissected specimens and models are all carefully preserved for the layman and students, to observe.
- These include every part of the human body. The human fetus from a month old till its mature stage, and other rarities such as cysts removed from the body, are all on display, making it veritable bank of a visual reference.
The vast expansions of medical science and its complexity, necessitate that constant experiments and case studies be conducted within well-equipped laboratories. The College has an array of modern laboratories with state-of the art equipment. Trained staff provides proper assistance and guidance to the students.
DR. J. G Buch
Prof. of Pharmacology,
In charge (Animal House)
GMERS Medical College is having well established Animal House. It is under the Department of Pharmacology. It is located in a separate block. It provides animal care, experimental facilities. Proper environmental temperature is maintained in Animal-rooms through air-conditioning in hot seasons and hot-blower during the cold seasons. The species-wise standard diet is provided to the housed animals.
You can visit the CPCSEA GUIDELINES FOR LABORATORY ANIMAL FACILITY
Computer Lab :
There is an E Library Facility in central library with 25 computers which can be used for education / examination purpose also.